On this episode we interview Russ O’Donnell and talk about the Dodd-Frank Compliance and The Safe Act. Russ O’Donnell is a licensed RMLO and HUD Certified Underwriter. He is also the CEO and Founder of Call The Underwriter, a company that helps private lenders and investors remain Dodd-Frank compliant. We talk about what you need to do when selling on creative terms and go over
- Russ’s experience in lending.
- Defining origination and underwriting and some examples.
- The laws to consider when lending and borrowing money.
- How Dodd-Frank can protect lenders.
- What it means to screen someone’s ability to repay.
- Specific guidelines for balloon payments.
- Professional advice for those planning to become a lender or borrower.